If you’re looking for a unique location to take your family photos, you may want to consider shooting in an urban setting. Urban areas are full of life and color, so your Portland downtown family photographer can make the most of these landmarks!
Location is one of the most significant factors in determining how your family photo shoot will turn out, so it’s important to pick a spot that matches your vision.
So, how do you find the perfect balance of scenery and ambiance? Here are a few tips:
1 Look for an area with lots of character. You want to find a location with plenty of interesting buildings, colorful signs, and other urban elements. The more unique your chosen site is, the better your Portland downtown family photographer will be able to capture it.
2 Look for an area with good lighting during the whole day. The best time to take family photos is during the golden hour, which happens around sunset. This is when the sun’s rays are hitting the earth at a low angle, making everything look extra beautiful. If your shoot needs to be scheduled for another time of day, find a place with bright lighting.
3 Find a location that provides plenty of opportunities for candid moments. An experienced Portland downtown family photographer will know how to capture moments of spontaneity when your family is relaxed and having fun together.
4. Look for less-crowded areas. This very important step will help everyone in your family group look relaxed and natural.
- when your family is relaxed and having fun together.
If you’re looking for an urban location, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Public parks are great places for families to play. They’re usually full of kids and other families, so there are plenty of photo opportunities!
- Streets and sidewalks are great for your urban family photo session, especially if you’re looking for a street style/urban vibe. You can get some really cool shots by using the buildings as a backdrop.
- Museums can also make a good option, especially if you have kids who love art. Museums are great for taking portraits because they have lots of different backgrounds to choose from.
- Landmarks can be a fun option for families looking for an interesting backdrop! Try taking pictures with your kids in front of a famous building or monument.
- Remember that your kids may have some ideas of their own. If they have a favorite place or wish to go somewhere specific, let them!
Please contact me today if you’re ready to book your shooting session. As an experienced Portland downtown family photographer, I will help you find the perfect spot for an urban family photo session that will be fun for all of you!